Winter is a time of year where coats and jumpers are a must have and sleep-ins are divine. Winter can also be an enemy to your skin, making it feel dry, irritated and raw. Things that make winter amazing such as hot showers and sitting by the heater or a fire can strip your skin of its natural oils.
So what can you do to help your skin this winter? Read on for some tips and tricks so you can feel and look your best this winter.
Opt for gentle cleansers
Wash your face with a moisturising cleanser. Cleansing is a critical part of your skincare routine and our range of cleansers gently cleanse and exfoliate your skin without drying or stripping your skin of its natural oils.
- Petitgrain PH Balancing Cream Cleanser: Nourishing Shea Butter helps soothe the skin, while organic Petitgrain and May Chang tone and clarify pores, leaving you feeling hydrated, clean and fresh.
Stay away from products containing alcohol
Many astringents contain alcohol which can cause dry skin. Which is why skincare products and fragrances at Vanessa Megan contain ZERO alcohol. Helping you to further retain natural oil and moisture in your skin.
One of the keys to maintaining healthy skin this winter is moisturising! Get super soft, hydrated and protected skin with our dynamic range of moisturisers. These Naturaceuticals leave you glowing and hydrated from head to toe.
- Vitamin A+B+C Cream: Get back to basics with this lightweight, anti-oxidant daily face cream enriched with Vitamins A, B and C to simultaneously hydrate, firm and protect your skin.
- Rose & Calendula Moisture Face Cream: Replenish, repair and regenerate dehydrated, tired and sensitive skin with this rich, velvety and intensely nourishing face cream.
- Marine Collagen Firming Night Cream: Boasting some of the world’s most potent natural anti-aging ingredients, this luxurious night cream firms, strengthens and smooths the skin- all while you sleep!
Take care of your lips
In winter, lips can get dry, flaky and even bleed if not treated properly. Always ensure you are moisturising your lips to keep them plump, hydrated and feeling soft and smooth. Soothe and moisturise your lips with our nourishing Mandarin and Basil Organic Lip Balm to keep your lips perfect in winter.
Limit shower temperature and moisturise your body
As tempting as it is to take boiling hot showers in winter, your skin will hate you for it. Try a lukewarm shower instead to avoid aggravating your skin. We also often forget to moisturise our bodies in winter as we don’t expose much skin, it is important to always ensure your entire body is moisturised, especially your hands! Excessive washing of hands in winter to avoid germs can cause them to be extremely dry so moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!!
- Peruvian Flower Nourishing Hand and Body Cream: Get intensely moisturised, firm skin with this award-winning hand and body cream, fortified with organic oils and butters to combat dry skin and deeply nourish without leaving a greasy residue.
There you have it! Now you’re ready to brace winter with immaculate and hydrated skin!
Image credits: Sourced Styling/Sophie Kuceli /Creative Director and Stylist